Be Part of the Family
Family means the world to Antoni (aka Tony Sr.). He chose to instill ABAT with the same values he considers most important to building his family. These values resonate into every aspect of the business and our staff.
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Oversee the beginning of each turn-key project, including details like permit submission and design evaluations
- Create the schedule for each project and match talent to the job
- Process change orders
- Collaborate with the architect and construction crew to ensure feasibility of each project
- Conduct meetings on-site with architect, client and construction crew
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare and submit project estimates to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years’ experience in designing and building multifamily residences
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Extensive experiencing managing budgets for large construction projects
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Previous working experience as construction estimator for (6) years
- In-depth knowledge of project management
- Hands on experience with complex data research activities
- Good understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs
- Familiarity with computer programs such as like Timberline or HCSS HeavyBid
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- BA in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus